Most of us take our jawbone for granted. But you can’t have a healthy smile without a healthy jaw since it keeps your teeth in place. If you’ve lost bone in your jaw following tooth loss or for another reason, let our dentists repair it with bone grafts in Atlanta.
A bone graft procedure on your jaw will:
- Strengthen the bone so it’s easier for you to get dental implants
- Help keep your face looking fuller and younger
- May enable you to keep teeth threatened by gum disease
- Keep your bone from shrinking following a tooth extraction
Grafting Is a Simple Dental Surgery
We may recommend a bone graft if:
- You want to receive implants but your bone isn’t strong enough to support them
- You want to avoid the bone loss that can occur after a tooth is removed
- Your bone is weakened enough by gum disease that you’re at risk of losing teeth
During a grafting procedure, our dentists simply create a small opening in your gums and insert material that encourages new bone growth. They will usually cover the material with a membrane to ensure it stays in place. While the process can typically be completed in about an hour, it may take several months to gain enough new bone for implants.
Choose Your Implant Procedure After a Bone Graft
Once your bone is strong enough for implants, you can choose the appropriate implant procedure:
- Single-Crown Implant – To replace one tooth, we can restore a single implant with a single crown. The results will be so natural, no one will realize you had a missing tooth.
- Implant-Supported Dental Bridge – You can avoid drilling into healthy teeth when we attach a dental bridge to two or more implants.
- Implant Dentures – You’ll avoid most of the downsides of conventional dentures, such as teeth that become dislodged, with dental implant dentures.
For bone grafts in Atlanta, call 770-802-1120.