While there are many good reasons to preserve tooth structure with restorative dentistry, it’s not always the best option. In some cases our dentists will recommend tooth removal in Atlanta. If we’ve suggested this oral surgery procedure, you’ll feel peace of mind with:
- Dentists who are comfortable extracting most teeth, even wisdom teeth
- Technology like a CT scan, which alerts us to potential complications before your extraction starts so we can better plan to handle them
- Comforts like pillows, blankets, and relaxing music
- Effective local anesthesia to numb you so won’t feel any discomfort
- Two kinds of sedation to keep you relaxed throughout your procedure
If you think you may need to have a tooth removed, call us at 770-802-1120. We’ll examine you with technology like an intraoral camera and digital X-rays to determine if an extraction is your best option.
Pain Is One of Several Reasons to Remove Teeth
When wisdom teeth come in, they can be quite painful. In addition, they may crowd other teeth, causing problems with bite alignment and making you more prone to problems like cavities. If that happens, we may suggest removing these third molars.
Other reasons we may suggest removing teeth include:
- Severe Damage – Our dentists can usually save damaged teeth, but it’s not always possible. For instance, if a crack in a tooth extends below your gumline, we will recommend extracting it.
- Dental Restoration – If you’re receiving dentures, we may need to remove teeth to create room for your restoration.
- Orthodontic Treatment – Tooth extraction may be needed to achieve the desired results with orthodontic treatment like Invisalign.
Don’t Delay Replacing Your Tooth
You should replace missing teeth as soon as possible to avoid negatively impacting your other teeth. To prevent the bone loss that occurs after losing teeth, you’ll want to choose dental implants. Your choices may include:
- Single-implant crown, to replace one missing tooth
- Implant-supported bridge, to replace several missing teeth in a row
- Implant dentures, to replace most or all of your teeth
If you’d prefer not to get implants, you can choose a conventional bridge or dentures.
For tooth removal in Atlanta, call 770-802-1120.