Whenever possible, it’s best to repair a damaged tooth rather than extracting it. That’s why in Atlanta, dental crowns and bridges are among our most useful dental restorations. Our dentists use crowns to keep your smile attractive and intact in many different ways:
- Repairing large cavities
- Sealing a tooth following a root canal procedure
- Mending breaks or cracks in teeth
- Strengthening weak teeth to keep them from sustaining damage
- Concealing cosmetic issues such as misshapen teeth
To see if you need a crown or bridge to repair your smile, call us today at 770-802-1120.
We’ll Help You Decide on the Right Material for Your Crowns
There are many possibilities for materials we can use for dental crowns. We offer numerous options to suit various budgets, including:
- Porcelain – All-porcelain crowns look natural in your smile.
- Porcelain Fused to Metal – Porcelain is applied to metal for added strength.
- Zirconia – Zirconia is typically stronger than porcelain. It appears less translucent, so it may not as closely resemble a natural tooth.
- Zirconia Fused to Porcelain – This combination offers superior strength, natural appearance, and durability.
- Gold – This precious metal is a good choice for teeth in the back of your mouth, as it is highly durable and can withstand lots of chewing pressure.
Crowns Can Be Part of a Tooth Replacement Solution
In addition to repairing damaged teeth, dental crowns can be used as part of solutions to replace missing teeth. Our dentists can use crowns to:
- Replace Single Missing Teeth – When attached to a dental implant, a crown will look, feel, and function just like a natural tooth.
- Support a Dental Bridge – Our dentists use crowns to support a dental bridge, which can replace one tooth or several missing teeth. The crowns can be attached to your own teeth or to implants. If your bridge is attached to implants, we won’t have to remove structure from healthy teeth.
As versatile as dental crowns are, in some cases a different restoration may be a better choice. We like to be as conservative as possible when repairing a tooth. Instead of a crown, we may recommend either a metal filling or a tooth-colored composite filling to repair smaller cavities.
For dental crowns and bridges in Atlanta, call 3640 Dental at 770-802-1120.