If you’ve ever injured a shoulder or knee, you know what it feels like to put too much pressure or strain on a joint. It hurts! Excessive pressure caused by habits like teeth grinding and jaw clenching can cause a TMJ disorder, a painful condition that affects your jaw – and sometimes other parts of your body. We can ease your pain with TMJ treatment in Atlanta.
Our TMJ solutions will:
- Relieve excessive pressure on your jaw
- Lower your risk of dental damage like chipped or cracked tooth enamel
- Keep you from grinding your teeth and/or clenching them together
- Prevent pain from spreading from your jaw to your neck and other areas
- Stop headaches and other uncomfortable TMJ symptoms
- Make it easier to open and close your mouth
If you suffer from TMJ pain, call us at 770-802-1120 for relief.
We Treat TMJ Dysfunction With a Custom Mouthguard
As with other dental issues, we prefer to use the most conservative approach possible to resolve your problem. This involves less stress and usually less expense. Orthodontics, restorations like crowns, and even surgery are sometimes used to treat a TMJ disorder. Yet many TMJ patients experience relief with a custom-made mouthguard.
Our dentists can make impressions of your teeth and fit you for a custom mouthguard that will:
- Fit better than one purchased online or from a store
- Slip on comfortably over your teeth
- Stop harmful grinding and clenching behaviors
- Give your jaw a chance to heal naturally
Don’t Ignore Signs of a TMJ Disorder
The most obvious and persistent sign of a TMJ disorder is jaw pain. You need to seek help for jaw pain that won’t go away, especially if you also experience these other TMJ symptoms:
- Facial swelling
- Persistent headaches
- Unexplained earaches and/or ringing in your ears
- Muscle tension or pain in your face, neck, and/or shoulders
- Problems opening or closing your mouth
For TMJ treatment in Atlanta, call 3640 Dental at 770-802-1120.